Authentic Detroit Style Pizza Pans Get an Upgrade with Patent-Pending Seasoning Process That Saves Pizzeria Owners Time and Money
Detroit Style Pizza Co. revolutionizes the historic steel pans with a new seasoning process that eliminates the costly, time-consuming break-in period and bakes in Authentic Detroit Style Pizza flavor
DETROIT (PRWEB) AUGUST 08, 2019
You can’t bake an Authentic Detroit Style Pizza without a square steel pan fashioned after the automotive parts trays originally used when the “Motor City Secret” was born, but authenticity comes with a costly and time-consuming break-in period. Not anymore. World Pizza Champion Shawn Randazzo has developed a revolutionary new seasoning process that eliminates the break-in period so pizzerias can save time and money with a more durable pan that’s uniquely suited for baking Authentic Detroit Style Pizza.
Randazzo spent over a year perfecting the manufacturing process in response to customer feedback. The new and improved pans feature:
- A patent-pending seasoning process that eliminates the break-in period. The original steel pans needed to undergo a dry bake that required 10 to 18 oz. of dough per pan. The average order is 100 to 200 pans, so pizzerias needed to invest several hours plus the cost of 1,000 to 3,600 oz. of dough to break the pans in. The new pans can be used immediately with no break-in period and none of the initial sticking associated with the original pans
- Flake-free seasoning. The canola oil seasoning would occasionally flake off the original pans during the break-in period. Eventually, they would need to be re-seasoned – a time-consuming, labor-intensive, costly and smoky process. The new pans do not flake
- Faster dough pressing and stick-free baking. The new pans grab dough better and reduce retraction, so it’s faster than ever to press dough into the pans. Unlike the original pans, dough and cheese do not initially stick to the new pans so pizzas easily slide out after baking
- Improved water resistance. The original pans would lose seasoning and oxidize after even the slightest bit of water contact. The new pans are far more resistant to water (it’s still recommended they be kept dry and not submerged)
- 100% all-natural seasoned coating. The coating on these pans are non-toxic and consist of 100% canola oil. This non-toxic coating acts as a release when baking and also protects the pan
“We’ve been on a quest to solve pan issues for over a year, and through rigorous testing we’ve developed a unique manufacturing process that eliminates cumbersome issues and still produces an Authentic Detroit Style Pizza,” said Detroit Style Pizza Co. President Shawn Randazzo. “We sent sample pans to some of our clients and the feedback has been amazing, so we’re thrilled to offer our new and improved Authentic Detroit Style Pizza pans to pizzerias and restaurants worldwide.”
The new and improved Authentic Detroit Style Pizza pans can be purchased on DetroitStylePizza.com. They’re available in two sizes: 8x10-in. ($25 each) and 10x14-in. ($30 each). Bulk discounts are offered for quantities over 20. In addition to pizzerias and restaurants, the pans are available to distributors that would like to carry them and pizza enthusiasts who want to bake their own Authentic Detroit Style Pizza at home.
Detroit Style Pizza Co. also offers bare, unseasoned steel pans ($15 for 8x10-in. and $17 for 10x14-in.) and plans on launching a seasoning service: pizzerias can send in their old steel pans to be stripped and re-seasoned with the new patent-pending process. This will allow them to enjoy all the benefits of the new and improved pans without the cost of buying new pans. Authentic Detroit Style Pizza dough is also available for purchase.
Traditionally, Detroit Style Pizza is baked in square steel pans inspired by the automotive parts trays that were originally used for pans in 1946, when soldiers returning from World War II demanded dishes that mirrored the Italian fare they sampled overseas. Baked in deck ovens, Authentic Detroit Style Pizza features a thick yet airy Sicilian crust lined with pepperoni, edge-to-edge cheese that caramelizes to the crust and a thick layer of red sauce ladled on after baking.
The style has surged in popularity since Randazzo was crowned World Champion Pizza Maker at the 2012 International Pizza Expo.
“Detroit Style Pizza has a unique heritage born during a transcendental time in American and Detroit history. The style boasts delectable texture and incredible flavor, but it’s more than pizza – it’s a story about American innovation and perseverance,” Randazzo said. “Pizza makers who are passionate about the craft demand authenticity. They feel the story, they love the story and they know they can sell the story. We’re proud to add a new chapter to the story that makes it easier than ever for pizzerias worldwide to offer Authentic Detroit Style Pizza to their customers.”
For more information or to order the new and improved seasoned steel pans, visit https://detroitstylepizza.com or call 586-439-0575.
Detroit Style Pizza Co. supplies pizzerias, restaurants and bars with Authentic Detroit Style Pizza pans, dough mixes, training, coast-to-coast mail order pizza delivery and other resources from its global distribution center in Roseville, MI; and serves its award-winning Authentic Detroit Style Pizza from its food truck and St. Clair Shoes Metro Detroit location. Owned and operated by World Pizza Champion Shawn Randazzo and his mother, Linda Michaels, Detroit Style Pizza Co. is focused on quality, community and people; and works to increase awareness of Detroit Style Pizza through expansion, education and sharing its history while providing memories and opportunities. Detroit Style Pizza Co. can be reached at 586-439-0575.
Media Contact: Shawn Randazzo
Detroit Style Pizza Co.