25oz Residential Dough Mix Instructions and Tips
Instructions & Tips For 25 oz Detroit Style Pizza Dough Mix
(Makes two 10x14’s or four 8x10’s)
Press in Pan and Proof:
- Oil your Detroit Style Pizza Pan(s) using a brush or paper towel, be sure to get entire inside, sides and all.
TIP: If using a new pan oil a little heavier the first few bakes. Some sticking may occur, it takes a few bakes for the pans to break in. The pans improve their bake the more they are used. You will notice the bottom of the finished crust getting a better golden color over time and crispier.
- Place large dough ball into 10x14 Detroit Style Pizza Pan. or Place a small dough ball(s) in 8x10 Detroit Style Pizza Pan(s).
TIP: If have two 8x10 pans use one for a pizza and one for cheese bread sticks by using 4oz. of cheese, some garlic butter and grated parmesan cheese.
- Lightly oil hands and press dough into pan until consistently even through out entire pan.
TIP: If dough is pulling back and can’t get to corners, cover and let sit for about 15 mins. then come back to it.
- Once dough is consistently pressed out evenly through out entire pan you can now start proofing your dough in the pan.
TIP: For best results let dough proof by covering with a pan lid and setting aside at room temperature for about 1-3 hours before topping. The longer you let it proof the better the texture your pizza crust will have.
Topping and Baking:
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Traditionally pepperoni is placed directly on dough under the cheese.
- Next cheese, use a mozzarella blend (traditionally mozzarella and brick).
- Now other toppings of your choice.
- Last sauce is ladled on top either before or after baking.
- Once oven is 450 degrees place pizza in center rack for 15 minutes for 1-2 toppings, 17 minutes for 3+ toppings.
Sauce TIP If you don't have a sauce recipe you can use crushed tomatoes and add your own seasoning to your liking. You do not want to have your sauce overpowering, more complimenting the pizza.
TIP: To check if done look for a golden bottom crust and use a fork to check middle of pizza to make sure dough is fully cooked all the way through.
- Using Pan Grippers and Spatula work baked pizza out of pan and onto a cutting board or serving tray. Cut in square slices, serve and ENJOY!