Our Authentic Detroit Style Pizza Steel Pans won’t pit, rust, or chip like the previous cold-rolled steel pans. After baking, pizzas come right out of the pans and none of the crazy peeling or sticking issues we faced with the other cold-rolled versions.
You can’t bake an Authentic Detroit Style Pizza without a square steel pan fashioned after the automotive parts trays originally used when the “Motor City Secret” was born, but authenticity comes with a costly and time-consuming break-in period. Not anymore. World Pizza Champion Shawn Randazzo has developed a revolutionary new seasoning process that eliminates the break-in period so pizzerias can save time and money with a more durable pan that’s uniquely suited for baking Authentic Detroit Style Pizza.
The new and improved pans feature:
- A patent-pending seasoning process that eliminates the break-in period. The original steel pans needed to undergo a dry bake that required 10 to 18 oz. of dough per pan. The average order is 100 to 200 pans, so pizzerias needed to invest several hours plus the cost of 1,000 to 3,600 oz. of dough to break the pans in. The new pans can be used immediately with no break-in period and none of the initial sticking associated with the original pans
- Flake-free seasoning. The canola oil seasoning would occasionally flake off the original pans during the break-in period. Eventually, they would need to be re-seasoned – a time-consuming, labor-intensive, costly and smoky process. The new pans do not flake
- Faster dough pressing and stick-free baking. The new pans grab dough better and reduce retraction, so it’s faster than ever to press dough into the pans. Unlike the original pans, dough and cheese do not initially stick to the new pans so pizzas easily slide out after baking
- Improved water resistance. The original pans would lose seasoning and oxidize after even the slightest bit of water contact. The new pans are far more resistant to water (it’s still recommended they be kept dry and not submerged)
- 100% all-natural seasoned coating. The coating on these pans are non-toxic and consist of 100% canola oil. This non-toxic coating acts as a release when baking and also protects the pan
These pans are available both seasoned and unseasoned. pan information and maintenance instructions are included.
We also offer a steel 8×10 pan.